Accéder au contenu principal

Idea #7 Flat Design is not flat, Flat Design has relief with Material Design



Today I just want to say that Flat Design is not flat, and Flat Design has got a lot of relief with Material Design.

The Story

I just went with my wife to the supermarket, and I was really surprise to have in my hand a so technological machin of @Motorola with a so #BadUX at @Auchan

I let you see first the device...

Motoral Supermarket Scan Device

My first sight was : "Wow...cool...very technological system"...and just few minute after when my wife asked me to delete a product from the list, it was a little nightmare...

I didn't succeed to read the screen...

I saw, "ok it's my point of view...", I saw a lot of mistakes...

The Problem

Have a look together from the top of the screen to the bottom...


  1. Italic is used and not mandatory and not readable...
  2. No alignement with label of column and content, no resect of  Gestalt Psychology of Shape principles
  3. Break between column header and content in cells with a blank ligne which split information
  4. Use of #skeuomorphism  with relief and light for column label and buttons. Fortunately the size of the screen is to small to have shadow !!
  5. Bad contrast between the background and foreground color of the column header
  6. Words in cells are in capital letter, impossible to differentiate products between the lines, and as you certainly know that it is easier to read minuscule letter than capital letter..and im..dont hesitate to read How People read and other studies...It is very hard to read capital and it is a #BadUX
  7. Some information are not at the right place...I speak about the Battery in the middle of the screen. !!!! ..why ? and why this color ?
  8. The button is a too small for a word like "Annulation", so small that we can't see the first letter of the word !! And so small that the word Information can't be display fully and need to be cut...
  9. No consistency...for example, "Annulation" word is displayed with lower case, and other word are displayed with capital !! Don't ask user to adapt himself with the mood of the #UI Designer...
  10. Not easy to create the link between the physical button and the #HMI

My point of view 

Because often, A picture is worth a thousand words, I made a #HMI with Material Design and flat design to see how it can help to be more clear, more readable, more smooth...in one word in order to have a better #UserExperience, a #GoodUX...

And when you have a #GoodUX, you like the product,

And when you like the product, you want to use it, and use it and use it again,

So mathematically it is better for commerce if you see what I mean...

Have a look on my point of view...

My Motoral Supermarket Scan Device HMI


So Don’t forget 
Flat Design is not flat, Flat Design has relief with Material Design

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Be emotional, Human are emotional, UX must be emotional

Today I just want speak about "Emotion" The Story I arrive on one of my favorite #SocialNetwork @LinkedIn and I was really surprised to have a so #BadUx because of a lack of emotion.. First I arrive on my screen with no more post... Where are the posts The Problem The problem is we make a lot of interface just as Digital Tool. We often forgot the smartphone, this digital tool is like a friend. It is... excuse me, HE is in our house, He is in our bag, He is in our pocket and we have it in our hands more than 180 min a day !! This friend has got a lot of part of our private life... He has got our emails, our meeting, and even our photos and videos. We can read on the web that around 60% of people have got an emotional relationship with their smartphone...and it was the figures two years ago.. It just remembers us, were are not machin we are emotional hight tech natural product.. My point of view   Use Cognitive Bias with your app in ord

User Interface is not a "Where is Charlie ?" game

Psst... what is the performance of your sight... because for some #UI you need to have 12/10 for each eye !! The Story Yesterday I was with my wife on @Google #Gmail tool, a power tool and she asked me to help her to find some old mails... "no problem I thought I'm a Geek !!" I said yes no problem you just have to type the words of your search here... And she said to me ..."ho yes I know that...nonetheless... I want to specify the sender and the date..." Aouch !! After around 15 years using Google Gmail, my wife, a none Geek lady (I am not sure after several years with me she is not infected...) made me discovered a new feature in Gmail !!...the Advanced Gmail Form Search The Problem The problem is simple... First when you begin to type a word, there is a auto-completion  which is a #GoodUI no thing to say... And this auto-complete automatically deploys the list of possible values...which is good again... And you didn&

Be Systemic Analyst be UX Designer

Today I just want speak about "Context"... about "Systemic analysis" The Story When I drive my car I have the same car to do different type of trips. When I am in the city, currently I drive slow (Trust me), when I am in the highway I drive fast (not too fast)…when I am alone I listen to rock&roll, when I am with my family we speak without music…nevertheless it is the same car … The same tool has got the same goal and can have subtle differences during its use. In #softwaredesign it is the same thing, you can have the same feature with subtle different uses depend of the page you come from or the parameters you have already given. #UX Designer is like a detective who is able to see invisible cues in order to identify those subtle different use…you have to listen to behavior…you have to see the invisible…you have to touch the untouchable…you want to create interface so perfect that the user forgets it… You have to analyse the tools